Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Fun

We got to watch the Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon up close this year. The dogs ran right through one of our local golf courses, so we were able to eat lunch at the golf club and walk right outside to see the dogs. It was a really cold day, but was also really fun to see the dogs. They are so strong and so beautiful. Greg thinks that our lab, Scout, would be a good sled dog. I think it would be funny to see a lab mixed in with a team of sled dogs. I bet that would turn a few heads.

We have skijored (cross country skiing with the dog pulling you) with Scout before and it is really fun. She is a super fast, super strong dog. One of the first times I tried it (Greg and I were just dating) and Greg tells me to stay put (with Scout attached to me) and he kindly volunteered to ski ahead so that Scout would pull me to him. We both thought this would be a good idea until Scout decided to take off after his master (Greg). I had no idea Scout was going to run and I was attached to her. I am sure you can imagine how many different directions my ski equipment went and how many different directions my body parts went. It hurt, but I am sure I told Greg it didn't because we were so young in our love that nothing could really hurt that bad! Good memories.

Here is Brooks with his buddy Opa. We are so blessed to have Oma and Opa as such a huge part of Brooks' life. They love him and spoil him like crazy. I was just commenting to Greg last weekend how nice it is to be able to leave Brooks with them and not have to give any directions to them. They just know Brooks so well and love him so much. No wonder Brooks always asks for his Opa and Oma!

Brooks continues to grow up way too fast. He loved the dogs and kept asking for "more puppies". He is putting sentences together pretty well now and it is fun to be able to communicate with him. He has a little bit of an accent/lisp. We hope it isn't because he still sucks on that stupid pacifier. We really need to say goodbye to that thing.

I turned 30 last week and Auntie Bean brought over a donut the size of Greg's head (I would say my head, but I have a huge head). Brooks loved it and got a bit of a mustache while eating it. Greg thought it was so funny and later admitted to me that he "helped" Brooks get the mustache. It made for a good picture though.

Brooks loves his Auntie Bean. The evening of this picture he did not want to go to bed. I think his idea to cuddle with Auntie Bean was pretty cute. It did delay his bed time by a few minutes at least! Notice the bruise on Brooks' cheek? That is due to his inability to "sit on hie bum" while on a chair. I feel bad because it happened under my care and I hate when he gets hurt. He cried pretty hard and had real tears which we don't see very often. It is almost gone now though and I am sure we will have our next bruise soon. Boys will be boys, I guess.

Baby J is still growing and all seems to be going well. I am getting pretty chubby pretty quickly this time. I am also eating way better and exercising way more this time around, so I don't really get that. Oh, well. As long as the baby is healthy that is all that matters. We will know if it is a boy or girl in mid March and I personally can't wait to find out. It will be fun to plan the bedroom and buy cute baby clothes. Yeah! I still hate being pregnant, but can't wait to snuggle the little one.

Love to all who read. XOXO
Posted by Picasa