Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Welcome to the World, Chloe!

We got up on Friday morning at 3:50 am to hit the gym one last time before giving birth to Chloe! Greg was able to go with me because Auntie Linda took Brooks overnight. We picked up Steph and met Laura at the gym. It didn't even seem early (at least for me) because of all of the excitement of the day. We worked out and headed home to get ready. Steph asked if we would pick her up on the way down to the hospital (at 6:00 am) so she could be there for the entire process. Of course we said yes. We picked up Steph and away we went to St. Mary's. We got there in plenty of time. This left enough time for lots of pictures and goofing around before the big surgery.

Here I am right before I left the house to have Chloe! I can't wait until the day that I can give away this purple dress! By the end, this was one of the only outfits that was comfortable for me to wear! I ended up wearing it home from the hospital too because I still looked (look) 6 months pregnant! Ugh.

I got lots of loves from Greg. He was such a great guy through the whole process. He lined up dog sitting for the entire time I was in the hospital so he never had to leave me. He also got Auntie Linda to take Brooks so he was able to stay over night all 3 nights that I was there. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He was amazing.

Steph and I always "compete" at the gym to see who can go faster, longer, harder. You can see I have a lot of work to do to catch up to her. It was awesome having her to support me through this whole thing. She was my buddy and encouraged me when I thought I was going to lose it.

Getting ready to go to surgery. It was very cool that my doctor prayed with me before we went to surgery. I admire him for so many reasons and this is just another reason that I adore him. I left for surgery shaking like a leaf, but all went well.

Posted by Picasa