Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 30, 2008

L-O-N-G Weekend! (Late Post!)

Let me start with last weekend. I realize that it is already "this" weekend, but we had some adventures that I must blog about. Greg took his annual trip to the BWCA on Thursday of last week. He returned on Monday. I knew I needed Greg and I knew I loved Greg, but this trip made me realize just how much I need Greg. I give credit to single moms (or dads) and don't know how they do it. It is tough stuff and I hear we have a pretty easy baby! Anyhow, it ended up being a good weekend and I am very glad that Greg got some quality time with his buddies and was able to enjoy the outdoors.

On Sunday we attended our Cousin Dylan's baptism. It was a nice service and great to see Dylan. We don't see him as often as we would like, so it is fun to see how much he's grown. After the baptism we were treated to lunch at a local restaurant. It was very nice and Brooks did very well seeing he didn't have a nap and was pushing 5 hours since he last ate. I was so proud of my buddy. He was sound asleep within a couple minutes of getting in the car for the ride home.


I had lots of help while Greg was gone. I have lots of family who love to take care of Brooks. My parents volunteered to take him on Thursday night so that I could workout on Friday morning (I workout at 6:30 am, so it was best that Brooks just went to their house) and Auntie Lee-Lee took Brooks on Sunday night for the same reason. Brooks loves going to his Auntie Lee-Lee's house. She has an awesome set up for kids. You know you've got a great Auntie when she has a high-chair and she has never even had her own kids. We are glad that she is such a big part of Brooks' life. Yeah Lee-Lee! :) P.S. Doesn't Linda look good? She's lost almost 70 pounds recently! We are so proud of her!


We went to a picnic at our Pastor's house on Monday. It was great to see all of our family again and also a treat to spend time with our Great Grandparents. Brooks loved the hamburgers and dessert. He never fails to get his food ALL OVER himself.


Brooks loved getting cuddles from his Auntie Bean! I was so anxious for Greg to get home. Seeing him walk through the door was the BEST thing ever. I missed him so much and also was reminded of how much we need our Daddy!
Posted by Picasa