Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Maggie sings to me: "Christmas is coming and Auntie is getting skinny again!" Last year she sang the same song to me and it went like this: "Christmas is coming and Auntie's getting chubby"! You know the song..."Christmas is coming and the GOOSE is getting fat"? I guess I am the goose and it is funny that she says "chubby" because she is not allowed to say "fat" at her house!

We are IN THE MOOD FOR CHRISTMAS! We baked or tried to bake cookies on Wednesday night. We are terrible bakers...all of us. None of the cookies were the same size, none seemed to be amazing and by the end we were all just laughing and reminding ourselves why we never bake. Store bought Christmas cookies is where it's at for us!

My mom is 60 years old. Can you even believe that? I get a kick out of people thinking that she is me. She should be proud she is commonly mistaken for a 30 year old!

We made a gingerbread house this morning. Brooks was so excited to get done with it because once it was done he proclaimed that he was going to go inside it! I had to explain to him that this wasn't the type of house you can go in. I loved watching his chubby little fingers work so hard at placing each piece of candy in the perfect spot.



All our presents are bought and wrapped, cookies are made, the Evergreen candle is lit, and the house is ringing with Christmas music. Ahhh...the joys of the Season.
Posted by Picasa