Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brooks is my best buddy. He is so active and challenging at times, but there are so many times when all he wants is some mommy time because he "loves me" so much. Listening to him tell me he loves me and tell me we are "buds" may be the single most wonderful part of being a mommy. Who knew that a 3 year old boy could change me for the better in so many ways.

Today Brooks told me that his bubbles were "strong because they ate protein". He continued to tell me that the bubbles were "miniature"". Yep, "miniature". The kid is three years old and his vocabulary is that of a first grader.

A couple of days ago Brooks was hitting a tree with a stick. In the middle of hitting the tree he put the stick on the ground, got sad, started to hug the tree and said, "Oh, the tree is sad. It is hurt."

Yesterday Brooks took Scotch tape and taped it all over the refrigerator. It was in some sort of pattern. He explained to us that the pattern was the "pipes" for the refrigerator. When you really examine it, it totally makes sense.

My son makes me so happy. Looking at his freckled nose and seeing joy in his slitty eyes makes me overwhelmed with love for my little guy.

Thanks, Brooks for always cheering me up.
Posted by Picasa