Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I took my babies to the beach this afternoon. Brooks didn't get why we didn't need our life jackets for the "beach"! He did, however, understand why once his big toe touched the ice cold water. We had a really fun time bonding and being buds.

During our time at the beach Brooks said many cute things that I forever want to remember. He told me out of the blue, "I'm having a great time, Mama. This is so fun." Those were his exact words.

He also told me he'd like to take a shower when he gets home. His exact words were, "I want to take a big boy shower when we get home. I want to take one without anyone else in the shower. I can do that now because I am a daddy." So, right when we got home, he took a shower by himself. After all, he is a daddy.

Brooks also told me when we got in the car that he'd like to "go to the Co-op for dinner". I asked him what he wanted and he told me he wanted soup and garbanzo beans. So, we went to the Co-op and had a very fun date eating mushroom soup (which he loved) and garbanzo beans. We read books and hung out together.

Today was just a plain old good day. How could it not be with two beautiful children, the afternoon to hang out with them and a beautiful city to enjoy?

Posted by Picasa