Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

We played outside the other day. It felt like Spring with a beautiful cover of white, fluffy snow. Brooks has a hard time playing, though. His idea of playing is mostly shoveling or working on digging up the yard covered with snow and moving snow to other locations. He is a born worker. It's amazing how at age 3+ it's easy to predict the kids who will be lazy and the kids who will work hard for what they need/want. My little man is most definitely the latter of the two.

Anyhow, after a great afternoon (or should I say a great hour) outside, it was time for hot chocolate and marshmallows...but not before Brooks turned into BUZZ! I told him he was at risk of getting hot chocolate on those awesome white gloves, but he just really wanted to wear them, so I let him. Kids need to be kids and it wasn't going to hurt a thing.
Greg reported the during an evening of basketball for Brooks and I, Chloe was "the cutest she's ever been in her life". OF COURSE I wasn't here to see it, but by looking at the pictures he took I believe him that she was simply edible the entire evening. It's SWEET when Chloe is being cute and it's totally BOO when she decides not to be. In those instances there is nothing to make her happy. Poor baby girl, her life is so tough.
After church today we got a great show from Brooks and Chloe. The below picture represents the "no handed wrap around Swan", just in the off chance anyone had forgotten that. Brooks began his show in a normal outfit, but quickly announced that he was getting really sweaty and needed to get his exercise clothes on. I smile when he gets sweaty doing things because he has a Mommy who is VERY sweaty herself and his sweaty (and stinky!) little head reminds me of when I was a kid.

There was a quick time-out during the show to give Sister some loves. When Chloe came to Brooks to be rubbed he looked at her, held her in his arms, sighed and said: "FINALLY!"

That was a melt my heart, I love my kids, nothing better than being a momma moment.
When Brooks chooses to be a lover her is a real lover. He loves to snuggle and tell you out of the blue how much you mean to him. When Sister decides to hold still at the same time that Brother decides to be loving you end up with this. The most beautiful moments as parents. It doesn't happen often, but when it all works out and the children are loving each other, nothing seems challenging.

It's moments like these that make it ALL worth it.