Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's been a long time!

It has been a long time since we have posted. Sorry! Things in our family have been very "normal" lately. No big trips, no exciting races and nothing really to report. It has actually been pretty nice to focus on just being a family and having quality time together. We did miss our cousins last week though...they were in California and I think Brooks asked for "Ka-Ka and Jo-Jo" just about every single day. (10 times a day, actually!) We were happy to be reunited with them on Sunday and Kennedy says it best when she says "I had the best day of my life today...I got to be with Buddy!" It was nice for me to have my sister Steph back too. Things just are not the same without her. I did get some much needed bonding time with my little sister, Laura, though. That was really nice and reminded me that she needs to hang out with us more. (It is hard because she works full time...boo!)


Brooks and I went to the park one evening this week while Daddy went on a run. It was cold and crisp. Brooks loved it. He is now able to climb to the top of the big slide (behind him in his picture) all by himself and slide down it. Each time we go to the park, he seems to get more and more independent. It scares me sometimes, because he is such a wild little boy and has absolutely NO fear. I had a great conversation with my friend Karen this morning. She has a couple of boys. She told me "No one will really understand or be able to have complete empathy for you unless they have a boy!" Amen, Karen.

A couple of things about the picture above...1.) Brooks, where is your shirt? 2.) Brooks, what is on your belly? Auntie Bean was babysitting Brooks last week and she was tattooing him and letting him run around without his shirt on. Naughty, Naughty as Brooks would say! :)

She makes it look like they are so innocent. Yeah, right! Brooks loves his Auntie Bean and enjoyed going on lots or errands with her and playing with her for a FULL day!

Good morning, Brooks! Brooks is really into having lots of stuffed animals, blankets, soosies and bow-wow's all at the same time. He likes to say "two" which means he wants more items to carry or snuggle with. Here he is, just waking up and loving that his Daddy let him bring his stuffed animal, bow-wow, and soose up to breakfast. Silly boy.
Posted by Picasa