Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Such a Bud!

We played outside tonight while Daddy went on a run. We were initially going to go to the park, but I couldn't find the car keys. It isn't my favorite thing to load my Bud into the car only to unload him 5 minutes later! I don't think he knew the difference, but I was trying to be a "good" mom and get him to the park. No such luck. So we played in the yard with his toys and explored our neighbors lot that is empty between our houses. Brooks was running around like a crazy man and when we came in his entire head was sweaty. Maybe it was the down vest and winter hat I had him in. I guess I didn't realize it wasn't that cold outside. Oops!

When we came in, we had a big "play session" as we like to call them at our house. I love the picture below because Brooks is laughing so hard (make this picture bigger if you can, and look at his smile). He is super ticklish on his legs and his smile and giggle just melt our hearts. For some reason he was extra cute tonight. It might be that he took over a THREE hour nap today! Hooray! Brooks' naps have been inconsistent, so we love when he surprises us with a long one.

Brooks cut his hand open on his fish light. He loves his "sip" light and is a little bit obsessed with it. He fell on it the other day and got a big gash on his hand. It seems to be getting better, but is still a little bit infected. Daddy (the Eagle Scout he is) takes really good care of washing it out and bandaging it each day. It is quite the process but Brooks does amazingly well. He likes to "help" his daddy by mimicking everything he does. For example, tonight Brooks put some extra (much needed..hee, hee) ointment on his cut. Thanks, Brooks!

I asked Brooks to show me his "ouchie". Here he is showing me. He is saying "ouuuuuuu" as he shows me. He gets little puppy dog eyes and knows that he has us wrapped around his little finger. He is so cute. Yikes, I never knew I could be so in love!

Goodnight. Brooks went down late tonight, so we need to get ready for the week. We have nothing special planned, just a few trips to the YMCA and lots of family time before Daddy goes hunting.
Posted by Picasa