Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dr. Visit

I went to the doctor yesterday for our baby girl. Everything is great. I didn't gain any weight (yeah!), and actually lost a teeny bit of weight. This was a great thing because I had gained far too much at my last appointment (7 pounds in 3 weeks!).

The baby continues to grow and I have been feeling lots of extra pressure in my pelvis. The doctor asked me if I thought she had dropped and I told her that would be a huge possibility.

So, I had my first vaginal check yesterday and as the doctor was feeling for the baby's head and my cervix. While she was doing this check, she smiled at me and said, "WOW! That is the baby's head. She is already an inch into your birth canal!" I was pumped and asked her what that meant. She just smiled and told me only God knows what that means. She also told me I am 50% thinned which is a good thing. Of course I went on the Internet when I got home and found out that some women are thinned for 3 weeks before they actually start dilating. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for an early baby.

The doctor congratulated me and said "If you go into labor now, they won't stop you!" That was exciting news. She also told me if my water breaks (which it might because her head is so low), to come in and maybe I should think about having a vaginal birth. Wow! She gave me lots to think about. It was a pretty exciting.

This morning I decided to pack my bag for the hospital just in case. We are off to the pool now. It is going to be 85 degrees today and really that is the only place for a huge pregnant mama to be! It should be fun.