Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

So Proud!

Most of my family participated in the Voyageur Marathon today in Duluth. This is no ordinary marathon. It is 26.2 miles in the woods, over rivers, through rock gardens and climbing power lines. My dad, mom, Steph, Keven and Greg all participated. Everyone did awesome and had fun. Greg finished in a great time of just over 4 hours. This is incredible since it was only 15 minutes slower than his time at Grandma's which is all on the road.

Here we are cheering on the group. Obviously I didn't run (duh!) and Laura came out for support. I was so proud of Steph's attitude. She has never run a marathon before and picked a really tough one as her first. She had a smile on her face each time I saw her and she never gave up. I got to run the last 3 or 4 miles with her and it was so fun to be able to experience her emotion with her. I was crying for her at the end because I was just so proud of her.

My dad never trains (although he is always working hard at everything he does) and amazes us all with his ability to finish a marathon with very little training for this type of event. He is so mentally tough and I really admire him for that.

I didn't capture any pictures of Greg running because I thought it would be more important for me to be support for the "slower" group. So, Greg had to run on his own with no support from me. We did get a picture of him after the race. He was all cleaned up long before anyone else was even close to the finish.

Keven did fantastic as well! He finished in under 5 hours and didn't even seem tired at the end.

I am so proud of everyone and had a blast being able to see them along the course. It was hard to not be able to run the whole thing, but I was glad to be outside getting to take it all in. Way to go!

Only 20 more days until the little one. I keep trying to induce labor by being active. We'll have to see what happens.

Posted by Picasa