Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Funny Greg!

We love our bird feeders. We have a bunch of them on our back deck and we love to watch the birds every day. Brooks likes them too. We have a bird book and we have lots of fun looking up the different types of birds that frequent our feeder. We have had more than a dozen different types of birds. It is really fun to watch. At one point, I have counted 13 birds at the feeders at the same time. Greg and I want to try to get a Chick-a-Dee to eat out of our hands.

Here is the funny story about our feeders:

Greg likes to joke. He doesn't talk much but when he does it is usually important or funny. We have an ongoing joke in our house regarding the birds at the feeder. It would not be uncommon for me to come home from work and have Greg announce to me "Honey, we had a Trumpeter Swan at our feeder today! of "Honey, we had a Duck-billed Platypus at our feeder today!" It is really funny and it makes me laugh--hard! Well--I came home from work yesterday and looked out at our feeders to find a mallard duck had made a visit! Greg is so stinking funny. I can just imagine him trying to get this decoy to balance on the feeder in order to make me smile. Greg is honestly the best. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. We have so much fun.

(I have another great story about Greg and his wonderful ability to be an amazing husband and daddy. I will share that with you in the next post. You know it is Father's Day on Sunday, so this is perfect timing to tell the World how much we love him!)

Amazing to get a mallard at a feeder! Wow!

I love "the Bud" as he is so frequently called by his cousins.
Posted by Picasa