Our sweet children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

To my Dad!

(See below for Brooks' post to his daddy)
Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you so much. You have been an example to me from the day I was born. Thank you for taking care of me in so many ways and always being there for me. You have been through a lot with me and always stood by my side. You are the "rock" of our family.

When you fell off the lawn mower and had to go to the hospital last week, I felt really bad for you. I started to cry and later was able to process why I was crying. I was crying because you are the strong one in our family. You are the one who can fix everything. You are the one we turn to in crisis. You are the one who tells us that everything is going to be okay.

When you got hurt my emotions took over because the person who has always taken care of me and assured me things would be okay was hurting. I am glad you recovered and glad nothing was seriously wrong. Through this fiasco I was reminded what a HUGE part you play in my life. I love you, respect you and need you, Dad. Thanks for being such a wonderful dad, father-in-law and Opa.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Stephanie, Laura, Dad and me!
Posted by Picasa